Sunday, July 02, 2006

Success!

I'm listening as I write to Raff's Fifth symphony which, if you've been paying attention, means I finally got the download to work.

When I say I got it working I'm, of course, glossing over a few minor details. Things like deleting registry keys as instructed in a very long and detailed email received from MSN Music in response to yesterdays final cry for help.

They had me disable BITS for MSN Music which seems to be the crucial thing.

It turns out that they don't officially support WMP11 yet and they're saying that's the problem. Gotta admit that had me scratching my head a trifle. MSN Music is in the list of 'supported' music sites for WMP11 so what's the problem?

I loved this extract from the email:

'After downloading you may try to play your new purchases.'

Gee, ya reckon???

No comments: