Saturday, July 15, 2006

Close, oh so close

But not, so far, a cigar.

I've been keeping an eye on the temperature reported at midnight in the lower right hand corner on KSAZ-TV Phoenix.

I used, a while ago, before I had my HTPC, to watch KSAZ in the 11:00 PM to 1:00 AM timeframe a lot. Nowadays I usually have anything up to 70 hours of recorded movies waiting in the queue so watching the sixth repeat of M*A*S*H doesn't cut it anymore.

KSAZ however remains my reference for the midnight temperature. Not that I believe KSAZ has an accuracy unavailable to other sources; it's merely so that I'm comparing apples with apples.

I also don't believe that what they show necessarily matches the temperature right here. It's merely a convenient approximate resource.

I've been watching the midnight temperature edge ever so closer to the magic 100 F at midnight. Got damn close tonight - 99! Warmish though that may be it's not the magical century!

Maybe tomorrow night - they're predicting 115 at Phoenix Sky Harbour International Airport.

No comments: