Thursday, July 06, 2006

Pushing my luck

As we were driving to Steele Indian School Park last night the conversation passed on to the subject of minor bingles (car accidents), triggered by the sight of a car parked way over on the right of the 51 with one side of the bumper hanging to the ground.

Sonya wondered how it had got that way. I opined that someone had sideswiped him on the corner of the car and that reminded her of how, when she was 16 and newly licensed, she'd sideswiped a brick wall but had lied about it to her mother, saying that another driver had sideswiped her and driven off. (Phew, I thought that sentence was never going to end!).

I thought a moment and asked...

'Did it damage the running board?'

The look I got in reply wasn't as kind as it could have been. :-)

No comments: