Thursday, March 03, 2005

G'day Ebony

in contrast to the situation in Nice, France, where we have probably 100 good restaurants within a 10 minute walk of the hotel, here in Richardson the only choices are McDonalds, Burger King and Grandy's.

I'll starve before I'll eat at any of those. I also enjoy a drink or three as I eat; so that rules out driving to a restaurant even if I had a car (which I don't). Thus room service.

With trips back home I've been here in the hotel for over three weeks so my voice is somewhat familiar to the people who answer the room service call. Tonight Ebony answered the phone again. The conversation went something like this:

Ebony: The blah blah (you didn't think I'd identify the hotel did you?) How are you?

Me: If I was any better I'd be dangerous!

Ebony: (Laughing, she's heard this before). That's good to hear. Ribs, no salad, Berry Misu and a glass of Sycamore Lane Merlot?

Me: (Laughing). Yes, you know me too well!

No comments: