Monday, March 14, 2005

Cyclone WIlly

Just because I don't live in Australia anymore doesn't mean I don't take a keen interest in what happens there. Every day, without fail, wherever I am in the world, if I have internet access I read the two main Melbourne newspapers online - The Herald Sun and the Melbourne Age. Indeed, it's not an infrequent occurence that I'll be on the phone to Heino and I'll mention something that happened in Melbourne last week and that's the first he's heard of it.

So this week Cyclone Willy's been threatening the northwest coast of Western Australia. And whoever it is writes the headlines for the Herald Sun has been having a field day. First it was 'Willy Threatening' followed by 'Willy Intensifies' and then 'Willy Grows Larger'. Today it's 'Willy Peters Out'.

No comments: