Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Sucking on a fag!

You can blame Guy[^] for this post! :-) For the why see here[^]

You have to understand that where I come from a fag is a cigarette. I understand the word has the same meaning in Britain. It certainly doesn't mean that here in the US!

As you've probably gathered if you've read my blog for any length of time I'm a bit of a stirrer. Show me a sore spot and I'm sure to pick at it! Knowing quite well the difference in meanings of the word in Australia and the US I was quite happy to announce, on my way out the back door of the office with the intention of smoking, that I was going out to 'suck on a fag'.

Steve (not the same Steve I've written about in the past) overheard me say that one morning a year and a half or so ago. As he related it a bit later, when we'd got to know each other a bit better, he thought 'damn but he's upfront about it!'.

Of course, the fact that I don't wear a wedding ring[^] might have misled him :-)

No comments: