Tuesday, June 06, 2006

One thing about travel

You get to drive an amazing array of rental cars.

As always I'd booked ahead for an economy car, nominating an expected pick up time between 7 and 8 PM.

I don't use this rental car company by choice; we have a corporate deal with them. And why with this particular company? Because they're cheap!

I fronted up at the desk right in the middle of the nominated pick up range only to be told that they don't have an economy car available, I have to settle for something bigger but at the same price. I should think so!

I ended up with some Dodge model (I'm pretty sure the badge artwork is Dodge) but fortunately NOT a Durango[^]. If I sound a trifle vague it's because I really have no idea what brand or model it is. It's just big and cumbersome with seating for about 8 people. *shrug*

No comments: