Sunday, June 11, 2006

Be careful, my dear

I've added a new category for some of my posts though I don't imagine I'll be overpopulating it; not if I know what's good for me! :-) Think of it as my informal list of things best not said to ones spouse :-)

I mentioned last night that we had dinner on our way home from the airport. I was full of excitement at the prospect of getting my hot little hands on my MP3 player but I've learned a thing or two over the years; foremost of which is that my obsession isn't my wifes and spouses have a tendency not to show infinite patience. It helps that I like dining out with my wife! :-)

I know you'll read that better than the bare words would indicate!

Why I call it an MP3 player when all my music is encoded as WMA is another question.

While we were waiting for our order to arrive my wife picked up a bunch of drink coasters and started laying em out on the table rather in the fashion of someone playing solitaire. Having laid em out she started playing a game of solitaire lacking both rhyme and reason. I watched her do this for a few seconds and then said;

'What the heck are you doing???'

She laughed.

'I was wondering how long it'd take you to notice.'

Hmmm, how long am I supposed to wait before questioning apparently abberant behaviour?

A few seconds later she was running her hands through her hair in a manner that looked rather like she was trying to lift a toupee off her head. So I said 'Be careful my dear, the wig may come off!'.

I'd be exagerrating if I said that I'm only able to write this because looks can't kill but that has to rank up there with the more dangerous things to say!

No comments: