Thursday, May 05, 2005

Two homes

So I'm sitting here writing my previous blog entry. TV set on The History Channel. The program is about Cold Cases; a documentary about investigations into long ago criminal cases. And up pops a story from Phoenix Arizona.

Interest piqued! The usual atmospheric shots of the mountains that ring the valleys (East and West). Shots of the street signs at the corner of Washington and 21st Street. Even the caption, Maricopa County, Arizona.

I found it all intensely interesting and intensely home wanting... I guess I've become an Arizonan (or at least a Phoenician) even before I've become a citizen!

Don't worry. I'm still a Melbournian, I think . I guess I now have two homes. Not bad!

An aside I can't resist making. I'm here in The Philippines watching the History Channel. The ads reveal that I'm seeing a relay from South Africa. Bloemfontein is mentioned a lot.

No comments: