Sunday, February 27, 2005

Aaaargghhhhh

I think I'm getting used to living here!

We just got back from a longish dinner. Dinner itself was at TGIF (Thank God it's Friday). Food was so so. But after dinner we decided to have post-prandial drinks at the restaurant where Morgan works. Morgan will regret our arrival. I have the proof of my own eyes that she knows how to turn off lights, use a broom, straighten up stuff that's falling down and serve food properly.

Anyway, as we were driving home from there, about 9 PM, we stopped at the local Frys Supermarket for sundries (let's not mince words - it was for a cask of wine that will travel with me to Dallas tomorrow so I don't have to pay hotel prices!) and then went home - it's about 200 metres from there to home. This is very hard to describe. There are various trees and shrubs; walls and rocks along that 200 metres. As we drove (my wife was driving) I was recognising each tree, each rock... After 2 years here I should but it felt like I was home and that's the first time I've had that feeling here.

No comments: