Sunday, September 25, 2005

Who are you calling bignose???

Was the terse email I recieved a month or so ago when I was in France. Nope, not spam, it came direct from the blog. It took around 1 second to realise it was a communication from a guy I worked with in 1989 at Unisys Australia.

Lester, an Englishman in Australia, who has long since returned to the land of the pom. Nice guy; killer sense of humour and responsible for introducing me to Viz (possibly not a worksafe link - it wouldn't be where I work)[^]. Thanks to Lester I've read much about Johnny Fartpants, Buster Gonad, The Fat Slags, Sid the Sexist, Roger Melly, the man on the Telly and, my favourite, Spoilt Bastard.

Yep, childish humour. One of these decades I might finally understand what's so wrong with enjoying a bit of childish humour :-)

As for how he tracked me down, I have no idea. I have to assume that in a moment of all-consuming ennui he googled on my name. He must have been mightily bored! :-)

No comments: