Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The magic milk bottle

You'll remember that a while ago I posted about a milk bottle[^] that had appeared in Andrews room. I'd been away for a while but that milk bottle was waiting, hidden, for my return. I got home very late Thursday night and he was already asleep when I arrived so it had to wait until Friday.

On Friday that milk bottle made it's way upstairs again while he was playing poker with his friends. Poker has become a regular fixture and I always make a joke about beer and pizza. They're perhaps a trifle young to light up at the prospect of beer but Morgan, who usually can't hear a word I say, managed to hear my comment about beer. I've got her number!

Saturday passed without comment and the milk bottle was unmoved. So on Sunday I waited until he was in the shower again and moved it to his bed. This morning (Monday) when I awoke it had moved to the top of my monitor.

Of course he knows it's me moving it around. I tried, a couple of times when I was in The Philippines last week to persuade my wife to put the bottle in his room but she refused! We had quite the adult conversation tonight about it. Well perhaps 'quite the adult conversation' isn't the right description but I think you know what I mean. I ascribed it's continued reappearance to it's proximty to my mental powers (with appropriate holding of fingertips to my head). Perhaps, I hinted, if it were to be removed from the proximity of my mind it might cease to return.

Let's see if it moves out of the range of my intellect :-)

Of course, if he does actually march it out to the rubbish bin I'll buy another! He'll appreciate the joke!

No comments: