Friday, September 09, 2005

It's been a year

since I started blogging here on Wdevs.

This isn't my first attempt at a blog; I had one over on LiveJournal that petered out after a couple of months. Shouldn't be too hard to locate it if you're really interested but be warned; I have recycled one or two posts from there.

I've enjoyed writing my blog. More than 160,000 words and counting; that's about the average non bloated novel. Of course it helps that I've been travelling a lot; I wrote the first entry in The Philippines and the travel has given me much to write about.

I've also enjoyed writing about my early life and the quirks of being an Australian living in a foreign (very foreign :-) ) country.

Without the blog I wouldn't have met Vern and Lamont; I'm glad I met them. Two crazy yanks, both Arizona natives so you'd think they'd know better than to remain in Phoenix :-) Indeed, Vern returned to Arizona from California; go figure!

But I think the thing I've enjoyed the most is the feedback. I really do like it when one of you comments on something I've written. I've never met Dan or Mort or Johann or Nish or Marc or David or David or Philip or Larry or Chris R or Anders or Colin Mac or Taka or Colin D or Michael but in a way that's hard to describe I consider each of those people a friend. I can easily imagine sitting down in a pub and shariang a beer with any of you.

I did meet Chris A in Dallas and we shared a beer and some hours of frenetic conversation. It was a good evening!

I've written three or four posts that, after reflection, I wish I hadn't posted but I'm certainly not going to identify them!

I've never deleted a post, no matter how I feel about it the next day. I do edit posts to the extent of correcting a glaring spelling error I should have picked up before posting; and occasionally to correct a grammatical error. I never edit a post in such a way as to change the meaning.

I wrote one post that I thought it wise to run by Wdevs management before posting; to their credit they had not the slightest reservation in seeing me post it.

I've had fun writing and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon.

No comments: