Saturday, July 09, 2005

Two weeks

seems to be about the maximum length of time I get to spend at home. Uh huh, I'm going back to The Philippines again, Monday evening. This time it's to investigate what changed in the system or network configuration to make the software I left running successfully two weeks ago stop working. Since software doesn't go off and the hardware still seems to be working that only leaves a configuration and/or network change. Well that's the theory.

Things were changing by the hour today. At noon I was going back to Baguio City, at one I was going to Japan, at two both trips were in doubt (yeah, like I believed that :-) ), at three France was being kicked around, at four Japan was back on the agenda and at five they finally decided on Baguio. This time I dug my heels in; I'd promised to be here Sunday for another family outing and the boss reluctantly agreed I could travel on Monday.

Let's see where I end up middle of next week. The way things change at the office it could be Iceland!

No comments: