Monday, July 25, 2005

If I disappear off the map

it'll be because I'm in deportation proceedings from tomorrow (July 25).

Seriously, I've decided I've had enough of the greencard SNAFU so I booked an appointment with INS for tomorrow.

I'm hoping that presenting a valid Australian passport containing a 2 year temporary greencard stamp plus a 1 year temporary extended greencard stamp, Australian Driving License, Arizona Driving License, official INS Notice Of Action and current greencard will convince them that I am indeed the person entitled to hold that greencard and get them to cancel out the old greencard.

Actually, apart from the first time[^], in Detroit, it hasn't been too bad. Indeed, the last time I passed through immigration, last week, it took all of 5 extra minutes but I can't help thinking that eventually I'm going to run into a serious problem if I don't at least try and sort it all out.

At the least, I can imagine that someone tagged with a possibly invalid greencard will have problems convincing the powers that be that it's a good idea to grant a citizenship application.

So if I post tomorrow night you'll know that I got out of the building alive and not in custody. If not...

No comments: