Wednesday, July 27, 2005

An arms race

The other night I was rummaging through my laptop carrybag when I found the hair net I wear when I'm on site in Baguio. Without thinking too much about the matter I slipped it on and promptly forgot about it. Truth to tell, long hair can be a bit of a nuisance in the hot weather and it was rather pleasant not having the odd strands of hair adhering to my forehead.

When the call to dinner came half an hour later I was still wearing it as I sat down to eat. I was the first seated; when Andrew sat down he glanced my way and 'ewww' 'ewwww' as he noticed the net. A moment later he snatched up a pair of jeans hanging over a chair back and put them on his head. Smartarse! He should have known he wasn't going to win that exchange!

He smiled smugly, certain he'd put one over on me. Uh huh. I excused myself long enough to go to the bedroom and grab a pair of (clean) underpants, which I was wearing over the hair net when I returned. My wife started laughing and Morgan announced that this was getting too wierd for her!

No comments: