Saturday, April 02, 2005

Coupling

about a year ago I stumbled on Coupling[^] on PBS. I've been a fan of British Comedy for almost as long as I can remember. I bet not many of you have even heard of this[^] let alone seen it. So PBS is a godsend. Almost nothing can come up to the standard the British set, though Drew Carey comes close.

Back in August last year they ran the first episode of a two part story. I saw and enjoyed the first part and was sent to the Philippines on the following Monday.

Last Saturday night the same episode cropped up, ending in the dreaded 'To be continued'. I said to my wife; 'you know what this means don't you? It means I'll be out of town next week'. Shoulda kept my mouth shut!

Uh huh. I'm off to France again tomorrow. All being well it'll be for a week and I can certainly think of worse places to spend a week in. Truth is I'm just about ready for some fine French dining again . Dallas BBQ is quite tasty but...

This time it's via Houston and Paris, returning via Amsterdam and Houston. Of course, that 'returning via' is optimism; it assumes I'll be returning on the day we've set.

No comments: