Monday, April 25, 2005

Be careful the bets you make

you just may have to follow through!

In 1996 I lost a bet with some co-workers. I can't remember what the bet was about but I well remember the stakes! If I lost I had to purchase and eat a hat!

So I lost and they were implacable . They did compromise to the extent that I was permitted to eat a paper hat washed down with any sauces or condiments I felt would make it palatable. I tried good old Aussie Tomato Sauce.

The event took place in one of the meeting rooms complete with a small audience and cameras to record the result.

I think I got about half way through the hat before they relented and allowed me to stop. Gotta tell you, there's nothing on earth could make the consumption of a paper hat a pleasurable experience!

No comments: