Saturday, May 13, 2006

Observations of the fairer sex

which title itself would pretty much date me.

I've written a couple of times about the meeting from hell that occurs each Tuesday. It seems to be my fate to sit through it even though, of late, my involvement has been limited to a single line item or two of the list of 40 or so for discussion. My line item arises about half way through the meeting and I could disappear if I chose to after mine was done but nowadays, in the post Ed[^] age, I choose to stay to the bitter end.

In part it's because of a running joke about how I choose to attend the meeting because it feels so good when the meeting is over. And in part because it never hurts to know what's going on.

This week there was a most welcome distraction in the form of a very shapely young lady marching up and down outside the building with a mobile phone stuck to her ear. I say young but she would have been 30. She caught my eye and, compared to the specimens sitting around the table talking into the phone, she was quite the visual relief! Ain't nothing wrong with noticing an attractive woman!

About two minutes later one of my colleagues, let's call him Dave, came bustling in, laptop computer tucked under one arm, a sheaf of manila folders under the other. As he took the turn into the room he glanced out the window and did a double take; sure enough he'd noticed her.

For the next ten minutes I was amused to see his eyes swivelling left to right to left as he followed her progress.

No comments: