Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A stab in the dark

The other day at Christmas dinner Andrew was put on the spot by his father. I don't remember the exact circumstances but Dad was asking for a number between 1 and 1000. Andrew screwed up his face for a moment and came up with 1954.

We all burst out laughing and left Andrew wondering why we were laughing. After a few seconds it dawned and a sheepish grin appeared.

A little later I had the oportunity, being that it was Sunday, to do the underpants on the head thing again. But it's truly embarassing to admit that, having had the Friday off so that it didn't 'feel' like Sunday, I'd forgotten. To have forgotten such an ideal moment. I hang my head in shame! But Matt came to the rescue, reminding me, with a wicked grin on his face, what day it was.

I'm sure the kids Dad had no idea what to make of it all!

No comments: