Wednesday, November 23, 2005

It's the day before Thanksgiving

and we're looking forward to a four day weekend sans little bastards (the kids are off to Palm Springs for a weekend with Grandmother). Neither my wife nor I are really into Turkey so we're planning some baked Salmon with Dill and dirty rice. We're also planning a visit to Prescott Arizona, a few miles up the road. It was the capital of the Arizona Territory back in the days before statehood and on the one occasion I passed through it (December 28th 2001) it looked very interesting. I have fond memories of some steak fajitas consumed there. We're going back to take a more relaxed look.

So naturally one of my bosses who is in The Philippines right now decides that he needs me there tout suite! My other boss thinks otherwise. My other other bosses opinion is, at the time of writing, unknown.

We shall see what happens. It's been an almost novel experience not travelling. Apart from that one nighter in Dallas a month or so ago I haven't had to do company travel for almost three months. I'm not sure I remember how to do it. While we're on the subject, have I got a deal for you! Slightly used bridge, excellent river views.

Cross your fingers for me. I suspect I'll be in The Philippines next week but it'd be nice to get at least three of the four days this weekend off. It'd be even nicer to spend some time with my wife without the little bastards! :-)

On the other hand, my feet are starting to itch and I'm thinking it may be time to reaquaint myself with the drive from Manila to Baguio. Decisions decisions!!!

No comments: