Monday, October 24, 2005

Phoenix Sunset

Strange weekend. It started, perhaps a day or two earlier than most weekends do, with a whirlwind visit to Dallas. I had, of course, arranged to go bowling with Vern and LaMont, wherein lay my first error. We started the arranging of the bowling a whole week ahead of time. Came Wednesday night and it was arranged that we would hurl overgrown aniseed balls down a polished wooden lane the following evening. And, of course, at noon on Thursday I had to go to Dallas. Vern was a most understanding guy though; he laughed and suggested that the next time we go bowling we don't plan it; he'll ring me at 5 PM expecting me to be at the alley at 6 PM. That might work.

So back in Phoenix late Friday night, the eve of an intervention. If you don't know what an intervention is, it's where a bunch of well meaning people gang up on someone who enjoys a drink or eleven and badgers them into stopping drinking. Nope, I wasn't the target. I won't say who was, just that I felt it was better for all concerned if I wasn't present. Since the intervention was taking place at our apartment that meant I had to spend most of Saturday afternoon elsewhere. So I jumped in the car and went driving. I knew where I wanted to be at sunset; around 44th and MacDonald quite close to the 'head' end of Camelback Mountain, to get some shots of Phoenix at sunset. They're here[^] if you're interested. I *did* do a brightness correction on one or two; my camera is a cheapo digital point and shoot.

No comments: