Monday, January 03, 2005

Obsession

Nope, not the Brian De Palma movie[^].

You'll surely have noticed, down there on the left, a link to my SETI stats page. As I write this my count is 47245 work units.

Go on, click on it, you know you want to!

Back? Good.

Now you'd have noticed that I've been crunching SETI for 5 and a half years. You didn't notice? Go click on the link again! For the last half a decade or so I've been installing the SETI client on various computers; checking the stats; writing a service[^] to hide the SETI client from unsuspecting users (my family) and generally being a fusspot whenever the SETI server goes down and my computers sit idle because they can't connect. Hell I even run a spreadsheet that records daily output and calculates a 7 day average - current 7 day average is 165 work units a day.

Now that's an obsession!

No comments: