Sunday, October 15, 2006

It takes a bit of getting used to...

this being an American thing!

My friend Vern[^], after a gap of more than a week, finally made a new post and I tried to make a witty reply. (Along the lines of, we waited a week for this??? :-) ).

But his blog software steadfastly refuses to accept my reply, branding it, quite incorrectly, as spam! Like I'd be guilty of such a thing?

So I dashed off an email to his direct email address. In it I said something to the effect that 'this was a fine way to treat a fellow citizen'.

See? I'm still not thinking right! What I should have said was 'this is a fine way to treat a fellow 'muuurrrican!'. :-)

2 comments:

Guy Ellis said...

And the email that you sent to him did not come back rejected as spam?

Guy Ellis said...

Unfortunately my access to Vern's blog has been cut-off again. Last time I had to call the ISP to fix it but I can't remember what I said or what they did...