Thursday, January 05, 2006

The good and the bad

Actually there is no bad; it's all good!

I'm off to The Philippines again this coming Sunday. You may remember this post[^] a trip or two to The Philippines ago. This next trip involves more of the same.

My itinerary is still up in the air as I write. I'd rather take the 18 hour flight from Los Angeles to Singapore but it seems I might not be able to get that flight. The alternative is a 12 hour flight Los Angeles to Tokyo. Do I have rocks in my head for preferring the longer flight? Nope. The shorter flight is on Northwest Airlines and I don't have frequent flyers with them. It's also 747 Economy. The Singapore flight is Executive Economy which is so much better than NWA 747 Economy as to make the extra 6 hours onboard well worth it. On the other hand, the prospect of a night in Tokyo is tempting.

I'll be gone for two and a half weeks all going well but fear not; I think I'll have enough internet access to do a reasonably normal posting frequency. Actually, if past performance is anything to go by the frequency should rise; it hasn't escaped my attention any more than it's escaped yours that I post much more when I'm travelling than when I'm not. Chalk that up to humdrum suburban living when I'm at home.

And of course, I get that wonderful drive from Manila to Baguio[^]. I think I've got them a bit worried at the office when I tell them that for me that's the highlight of the trip. *shrug*

No comments: