Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Wdevs is doing something right

I just did a search on my name on google and WDevs rated even higher than CodeProject. Yikes, I hope my boss doesn't do these kinds of searches. On the other hand, if you find this blog entry oh boss of mine - you're NOT paying me enough you cheap bastard!!!

In other results, I'm fascinated to see that my article on using MAPI, dating from 1999 on CodeGuru, is featured on a link from the University of Wisconsin where the URL implies that it's the department of Neurophysics. I have good company there; there are also articles by P J Naughter, Chris Maunder and Mike Dunn What really fascinates me about my article being featured is just how bad it is. Back in 1999 it seems that I thought it was enough to present two paragraphs plus the header file and consider it an article. Rereading that article makes me cringe. I redid the article on CodeProject in 2004 with a lot more explanation (and a mention that it had first appeared on CodeGuru).

The other thing that really stands out is how many sites mirror articles from CodeProject. There seem to be dozens of Russian sites that host, in English, CodeProject articles. I haven't yet found a site that translates my English to another language - but rest assured that when I do I'm going to save that sucker and burn it to a CD, purely for ego purposes :)

No comments: